Sunday, December 12, 2010

In a cinch.







Today was a very warm day (80 degrees! In December!) in Sunny California. I am once again battling some kind of respiratory illness. A respiratory therapist with breathing issues. Go figure. Hmmpfh. But even with a stuffy head, coughing fits and phlegm, there was NO way I was gonna let this beautiful sunny weather pass me by. So, after church and a nice brunch with some friends (eggs florentine benedict and red potatoes for my tummy), the Hubbs and I decided to shoot these pics.
Just like socks, I have a thing for belts. I have all sorts of colors and sizes. At the moment, my wide belts are beating my skinny belts 3:1. And I now have to try and even out the belt population in my closet before the wide ones eat the skinnies. I decided to wear this corset type belt with my jumper. I've worn it before for a costume party and decided today it should see the light once more. I knew it would "enhance" my figure and at times I felt a little too "hippy" but I rocked it anyway because when it came down to it, I liked it. And that's all that really matters. ;) 

Jumper: F21, Belt: small local shop, Bicycle necklace and bracelets: F21, Watch: Target (it's my everyday mens faux croc. love it.), Velvet mary-jane platforms: same small local shop, Clutch: it was my mama's. 

24 comments:

  1. oooh pretty corset belt!!! You look like a model in every photo shoot! Who takes your pictures?!

    www.passportsandprada.com

    xoxo Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Hahaha. I am no model by any means! I've never done any modeling nor did I ever want to be one. I don't think I'm cut out for that sort of thing! I just want to share what excites me. :) My hubby takes my photos. He makes me do poses. If it were up to me, I'd just stand there!

    If we ever make it out to Denver, he can do some pics for you! :)

    Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sexy Black! :) Like the pumps :) You're gorgeous. :)

    ellenreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style! I also love belts!
    Your blog is very inspiring :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Killer shoes!

    I am now following !

    www.bimbobeautiful.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your belt!!! you should def post a pic of your belt collection here! :)

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowowow, I love your shoes! Also, your husband takes great pictures. :) I hope your respiratory illness goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jumpsuit looks great with the corset belt. I think men's watches on women look fabulous.
    Your hubby is a very talented photographer and I agree with Summer, you DO look like a model.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit, ma'am! I LOVE your belt :)

    Beautiful pictures!

    KF x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great belt! It's amazing how much a belt can make an outfit, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, look at your waist! So small! And that belt? I need one!! Lookin' good girl, lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look Ashley! It's a fresh look and that is a great belt! Love the shoes as well! Your hubby takes great pictures!!!! Hope he is a photographer if he isn't he should be! Duo talented you guys are!!!! Love it!!!
    XO Carrie
    www.carriefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. rock those curves, girl...you look hot! those mary janes are really cute too...love that they have a bit of platform. got my shoes from endless.com - working on the post now with a better picture too.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic style! I hope you enter in my giveaway...XXX Emily from EL Vintage.

    ** I live in Altadena...close by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, not from Pasadena....lived here for 5 yrs. love this area the most out of LA...So fabulous, lots of trees. :-)
    I am from Midwest, Chicago, Milwaukee area.
    XXXX to you- so glad to find you...x Emily

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ashley! I like the corset style belt. I'm having starting to have a thing for belts esp the ones with bows and ribbons. They are just too divine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shoes are very nice ^ ^

    A kiss^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely outfit, LOVE the shoes!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful shots! i love the jumpsuit and your mary-jane heels! very stylish and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely look. You look great.xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. i want your shoes!!!!

    www.fashionshowwithstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aOaq1rRsNng/TQWkiOm3CQI/AAAAAAAAAIk/Mdk2ieJRHNw/s640/black_jumper_corset_belt_velvet_maryjane_platforms1.jpg

    Perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! They totally make my day. And if you follow me let me know, because I'd love to follow you as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...