Sunday, December 19, 2010

Red, black and white at twilight.




On this day, the hubbs and I were chasing the light to take these pics. We had originally decided to drive up the canyon but realized that the sun was setting fast and quickly pulled over into this huge field overlooking the city. It was a beautiful sunset but we definitely didn't get to enjoy it to the fullest. Oh, the things we do for the love of this blog!
And also, I promised the hubbs that I would smile a lot more in future posts. He said I look really annoyed, unhappy and snooty with my mouth closed and lips pursed and that isn't the case at all! I'm really not as bad as I look, I promise! Lol.

Chunky knitted snood/circle scarf (sorry, it's hard to tell how nicely knitted it is in the pics): H&M, Jacket: "borrowed" from my sis ;), Jeans: Target, Belt: Ross, OTK boots: Bakers, Watch: Target (men's), Bracelets: F21, Red lipstick (a HUGE deviation from my usual pink/nude/natural color): Maybelline in royal red.

22 comments:

  1. These are lovely photos, I love how they get darker in every one of them.
    Love the boots and the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. You are so adorable, I love each and every comment you've left, you really make my day, Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! i love ur jacket! and great photography :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! The jacket is lovely :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha oh man we seriously seem to have the same taste!!! i have a similar jacket! and i love that print! :)
    nice combination of your belt and the red lips! I LIKE!
    xxx

    http://pulcinellata.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know the jacket print has a name (like houndstooth), but can't think of it?? anyways, it's very festive, in my opinion, and perfect with the red accents!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! (Not sure if I already said that!) :)

    x Christine @ http://fancifulvision.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your boots!!!! and really cute jacket...you look fabulous darling! Pics are super good even if you were chasing sunlight...your hubbs is a great photographer!
    XO
    Carrie
    www.carriefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ashley! Merry Christmas to you too :)

    I sent you an email :) Check your inbox. :)

    Take care!

    ellenreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lighting in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the red lips! Definately wear that lipstick on Christmas! :)

    www.passportsandprada.com

    XOXO, Summer

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey! Thanks for following me too! (:
    Unfortunatly I can't speak English very well.. Maybe I'll try it sometime haha. You can find those pants on www.asos.com I think you can find them under: trousers and leggings. But I don't know that for sure. (:
    xxx Moyra

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so chic!

    Lovely blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I love the jacket! Great look! You're so lucky to have a photographer hubby, I can never find someone to take pics for me!! haha
    Thanks for dropping by my blog, following you now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Twilight is one of the best times to take photos, I find. You look great!

    www.morningcloak.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a great outfit!
    love that jacket, so cool!

    i just following you, if you're interested you can follow mine back!
    have a great day!


    stainsintheuniform.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely blog! you look fab :)

    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! They totally make my day. And if you follow me let me know, because I'd love to follow you as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...